CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Petty Theft

It happens everywhere, I know, but it's no less infuriating when it happens to you.

Work theft. Break room theft. Lunch bandits. Whatever you want to call them. I call them LAME!

In my office, there is a group of about 5 of us that cook lunch for each other once a week. (We have a full kitchen available in the break room.) It's like a rolling pot luck. A few weeks ago, Cheryl made meatloaf and someone stole her Pyrex from the break room! Last week was my turn and I made baked potatoes and chili.

When we first started this thing, I stocked up a few items that I knew we'd be needing: plates from the dollar store, some cheap (but real) silverware, a couple of knives and a spatula, and a roll of aluminum foil. I used the foil for the potatoes last week (Thursday) and popped it on top of one of the lesser used fridges in the room. It was kind of hidden between the junk on top of the fridge and the cabinets. I forgot it there until today.

Of course, when I went back to grab it, it was gone!

I know it's petty. It's not that big of a deal, money-wise. It's the principle. We NEEDED that! It was ours! More so, it was NOT THAT PERSON'S TO TAKE! And, what if I wanted to bake something that required foil again today, only to find that what I needed was gone? I'd be stuck with no way to make my lunch, all because some schmuck took it upon themself to help themself to something that they WANTED that was not theirs. ARGH!

I guess the worst part is, it's a fairly small crew, and I probably say hi in the halls to whomever stole our stuff.

Would you believe that the owner actually put a BUNCH of steaks in the freezer one time after returning from a hunting trip, only to find someone had stolen some? That takes BALLS! I mean, stealing from the boss is one thing. Stealing from the boss when you know he's got a gun... Ha ha, but seriously -- LAME!!!!

And apparently frozen cookie dough for school fund raisers has been stolen, too! Knowing all this, I guess I should not be surprised that someone stole my foil.

I just hope that someday this person is on a trip in some foreign country, desperately in need of a restroom (if you catch my drift), and finds that someone STOLE all the TP because they wanted to save a couple bucks on groceries that week!

What? Vindictive? Me? NAH!!!!!!

0 comments: