CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 6, 2008

The Crib is Gone

Tony came over this weekend to pick up Abby's crib and drop off the keyboard he borrowed a while back.

I helped him get the crib parts out of our garage and showed him where all the different screws and stuff went and how the weird parts worked to make the crib sturdy. I have no idea how it happened, and I think he still probably thinks I did it as a joke (* more on this later), but ONE KEY PIECE is missing!

There are little plastic strips that run up each side of the crib where the front part slides up and down. It's a guide, I guess. Well, for some reason, only ONE of those was in the ziplock bag of parts I gave him. WTF? If one of them was in there, they BOTH should have been in there. How did I not put ONE of the TWO parts away when I took the thing apart????? And, even more important, WHAT would I have done with it now that he needs it?

I told him to look online for the part and I'd keep looking around for it, but I don't have a lot of time to delve into the vast unknown that is my garage. Abby's 3rd birthday is coming up next week and we have out of town guests coming. Also, Marti said he wants to invite people over to the house after the party. Um, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having the party AWAY from the house? Now I have to clean the place SPOTLESS anyway.

Oh well, it will be fun. I'll just be tired.

OK, back to the missing crib part. I joked around with Tony that I was going to withhold one key part as payback for something that I will have a hard time letting him live down. It's just too funny, and he's a good sport, so his little flub is going to live in infamy.

See, my husband doesn't camp. And, at the time, we had a 4 month old baby to make it even more "iffy" to go camping. But, I wanted to give it a try since it had been a LONG time since I had been able to go camping. I borrowed my gear back from Tony and Marti and I made the drive out to the lake to go camping with some other friends.

I immediately started setting up camp and noticed there were no POLES in the tent bag!!!! HUH?!?!?!? WHO packs up the tent without the poles??????

Luckily, it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Our friends lived about 30 minutes away, and offered to let us borrow their spare tent. I got their key and made a beeline for their garage! The tent was barely big enough for the blow up mattress and Abby's little sleeping compartment, but it WAS big enough, and that was all that mattered. We were back on track and only lost an hour or so to the ordeal. It could have been worse. As it is, it's just a joke that keeps getting played out.

So, when I let him borrow the crib and discovered there really WAS one key piece missing, you can imagine how sad yet funny it was!

He wanted to set up the crib for his wife to come home to. She's on a trip, so it would be a great welcome home, right? And wouldn't you know it, there's a piece missing. Go figure.

He got it set up though, and as long as there is no baby in it, it LOOKS good for now. We'll deal with the missing part later. I'm sure it will turn up as soon as one of us breaks down and places the order for the replacement part! Ha ha!!!

On a more serious note, it really wasn't hard this time when I let the crib leave. It was REALLY hard the night I told them they could use it, but I must have come to terms with it since then.

Of course, the very next night, Marti tells a friend that we may try for another someday.

HUH!?!?!?!?!

Try?

Someday?

Killin' me, Marti. You're killing me.

0 comments: