I wonder if reading and relating to the stories of other infertile women really does more harm than good. I think that sometimes I'd be better off living in my desolate pain than hearing it over and over, in oh so many variations, from those who suffer with me. At first it was comforting to know that others felt the same (or a similar version) pain. But as the months and years stretch on, I think it just prolongs my pain.
That's my take on it today.
Ask me again tomorrow and I'll probably have a different take.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
As Much as I Depend on Them...
Posted by Lisa at 8:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wonder the same thing. And my fiance thinks my near-obsession with the fertility friend message boards is more than a little unhealthy. ;-)
It just seems that sometimes I would be more likely to FORGET about it (as much as that is possible, I guess) if I wasn't DWELLING on it for myself AND viacariously through others, too.
Post a Comment