In our new house, we have what I have dubbed "The Stairway of Death." It is a long, narrow stairway in slick hardwood. My dog used to plow up the curved and carpeted stairs in our old home, but these throw her for a loop. She has fallen down these at times, and now the wood is scratched where she has had to dig in with her nails in a last ditch attempt to prevent herself from falling. (I've seen her pancaked out on the top step, front legs spread out wide and claws digging into the hardwood, petrified to move as she slips at near completion of her climb!)
So, I think she holds a grudge for my having picked this home and also for initially having loved the hardwood stairs and upstairs landing/hallway.
Tonight, I was lucky enough to SEE the present she left for me at the very top of the stairs. There was a slippery puddle with a single piece of dog food in it. The kibble was probably her signature and symbolic "F.U." like a serial killer taunts detectives with. The spit up was naturally going to be slippery if I had hit it coming around the corner to make my way downstairs.
But, as I said, I was lucky enough to have seen it first.
Instead of slipping to my death on the stairs, I merely had to clean up a fairly tame doggie mess.
I live to see another day.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
My Dog is Trying to Kill Me!
Posted by Lisa at 10:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment