CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Daily Dumbass

It's been a while since I've had one worthy of posting, but never fear! I still have my moments!

I was sitting in my chair at work and noticed that the underside of my sweater sleeve was getting a little "pilly" from rubbing against my body. I picked up the scissors and started trimming the little fuzzballs off. I got my right arm looking fairly well pill free and then thought to myself, "How am I going to get the pills off the other side? Scissors are not meant to be used with either hand!"

At that moment I realized I WAS using my LEFT hand already, so the right hand use would be NO PROBLEM! I was a bit pleased with myself for being ambidextrous and being able to clean up BOTH sides of my sweater. I have to admit, at that moment, I WAS just slightly full of myself for having been able to accomplish that feat.

Later that same day, I took my sweater off and the whole incident came flooding back to me. I felt like a fool!

HOW could I have not realized immediately that I didn't HAVE TO BE ambidextrous to accomplish that task!?!?! All I really had to do was take my sweater off and ANYONE could have been able to clean up both arms.

I was not special. I was a dumbass for thinking I was.

Gosh, how often have I felt THAT in my life?

0 comments: