My tooth broke today. And, my grandma died on Christmas Eve. I know the part about my grandma is not "all about me" and that is not the point of this post. What happened to her is just one of those things, and the family is doing fine. Per her son (who was doing his best to do what he thought she would have wanted) we carried on with Christmas Eve dinner that night. She also wanted to be cremated, so we didn't have a memorial service yet.
Here's where it becomes my disaster.
For those that don't know, I am in accounting. We're coming up on month end, as well as year end. My boss and I are basically the entire A/R department, so if either of us are gone at key times, it begins to suck. I already took Christmas Eve off (a normal work day where I work), and will be taking Friday off after the New Year's Day holiday. The first day of the month after the end of the month is kind of sort of the biggest day of all for getting this closing thing done.
SO... Did I mention: my tooth broke today! I will post a picture at the end, so don't scroll down if you don't want to see it. I put it in black and white so it's not as graphic.
About 1/4 of my tooth just fell off when I was chewing, exposing some pretty darn fleshy material inside. I'm petrified of the stabbing throbbing pain that I just know is coming if I can't get in to see a dentist soon. There was a filling in the middle, so there's not much left of the tooth now that it's all filling and the "good part" has begin to fall apart.
What makes this suck in so many ways is that my insurance changes at the first of the year, so I don't even know which dentist to see or how soon anyone can take me in.
I've already taken all this time off work and have been trying to stay caught up so it won't have as much of an impact, but now it looks like I will have to just "take off" for yet another thing.
Oh, and did I mention I need to schedule this around a memorial service for my grandmother? Just my luck, someone will be able to get me in, and it will be when I'm supposed to be at the service.
And, I didn't mention that the reason I'm taking off the first and second of January is because we're supposed to take a trip for the long weekend. That makes scheduling an appointment, uh, sort of inconvenient.
How can one little tooth have the potential to screw up SO many things? I guess it's a good thing I'm not pregnant, because that could really throw a wrench in this thing, too! Oh, wait, I guess there is a 1% chance that I maybe could be if there was a MAJOR fluke I didn't track right. Nice.
Well, as promised, here's the picture.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Merry Christmas, Lisa...
Posted by Lisa at 6:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes, Lisa. I'm so sorry. I hope you figure out a plan.
Wow, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandma. (And your tooth.)
Post a Comment