This was actually posted on another site, but today, a year later (7/11/08), I decided to move it over here, as it is practically my only record of what was happening at the time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I now am at 9 weeks 3 days with 2 previous miscarriages. Since this is the point where they estimated the second miscarriage to have stopped growing and heart stopped, I got nervous and asked doc to check for a heartbeat for me yesterday.
On transvaginal ultrasound there was a fetus measuring 8 weeks 1 or 2 days but no heartbeat.
It was easy to decide with the last one to D&C because there was a heartbeat and then it was gone at 12 weeks.
With this one I never had an early ultrasound or saw a heartbeat, so how do I know it just hasn't started yet? It's measuring small, so maybe it's a slow starter?
I've seen stories of heartbeats starting in the 7th week. What about 8th (measurements) or 9th (gestational age)? Is it possible?
I told doc I want to wait a week and rescan to be certain before I decide on what I want to do. A week should show some growth at the very least, if not a heartbeat if it's going to get going.
I'm quite certain of my dates. LMP was April 30 and I charted my temps, so I know ovulation was on CD17. I had one slight spot on 9DPO and +HPT on 12DPO.
Have you ever seen anything like this that had a positive outcome? What is the latest you've seen a heartbeat start when there was not a problem FINDING the fetus?
Friday, July 6, 2007
The Beginning of The End
Posted by Lisa at 5:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment